Sunday, December 04, 2005

The Zahir !

I bought this book last afternoon and have just started. Well, the main character in this novel had lost his wife, for unknown reasons and trying to reason it out and I lost someone recently, again for unknown reasons, but I dont want to search for reasons though. Seems there are misunderstandings - undoable ones at that. Seems life has to go on all by myself, again the same old feeling of emptiness, of broken promises and unfulfilled dreams. I hate having come back from Canada. There isnt a minute when I dont think of going back. DreamVendor had pointed to something similar. Suddenly people have changed. I came back to no one, when I believed everyone was there waiting for me. Ah, our own beliefs. How we lie to ourselves? I didnt expect to be received by many people, but "ONE" person for sure and it was disappointing. I reach home and put all the luggages and play with my dog and go and sit and watch TV, yet, no one had even looked at whats happening. I guess they didnt believe I was actually there. Then a lot of customary questions , but I guess I was more engrossed with myself and my thoughts and I ignored them. Not to blame them. And two months later, I still feel alone and relationships becoming more customary. But yes, over these two months, as a family we have faced many difficulties too and I'm kinda glad that we have held together more as a family but for me, theres something lacking. Someone's absence makes it all the more difficult to handle it. But yes, I've got used to it these days. And am seeing myself starting to enjoy the stay alone here! But is there an other choice? Well, I guess, I'm indeed a "lonely walker" in this journey! but that doesnt deter me from enjoying the fun !!! ;-) ! Well, I'm planning to party in Goa for the New Year after reading the latest issue of Outlook Traveller.
Anyone interested to join me, let me know, How about ya DV? When r u here?

Read this from Divya's blog.

In every human life,
there are some moments when one is sad and depressed
Frustrated from every zone of life,
And feels like leaving everything & going away
And Life Goes on..

Some moments in which
one is wrapped with tensions
one wants to get out of them
and fly high in the sky
But cant run away,
and life goes on..

Some moments in which,
one who is adored hurts your sentiments,
one needs support, a shoulder to cry on,
But doesnt find one,
and life goes on..

Some moments in which one gets tired of life
or so intensely hurt that one wants to die
one wishes to end his life
at that very moment,
and life goes on..

And in every human life a day arrives
When you have to put an end to a journey called "life"
And then people around cry
and show that they were concerned

Then the question arises
Do they wait for one's death..,
To care, To understand , To show their love
If so, then wait till death and until then

Life Goes On . . .


I guess my mind is wandering as it usually does these days when I stand on my beautiful lovely terrace and take a breath of fresh air - a fresh lease of life !!!


This is no review. But I liked The Alchemist as well as Manual of the Warrior of Light by the same author. Yet to grab hold on Eleven Minutes though.



A small excerpt -
Suffering occurs when we want other people to love us in the way we imagine we want to be loved, and not in the way that love should manifest itself – free and untrammelled, guiding us with its force and driving us on.

5 comments:

Monicaatje said...

I didn't have time to read the post (haven't even had time to answer the mail) but I saw this one and u just HAVE to read eleven minutes, it's so beautiful.
I posted an extract of it lats year, see for urself ;).
Loads of luv, hope to be answering mail soon. A gazillion hugs güeñi

DreamClicks said...

The Zahir - it was gifted to me just before i cud leave to Doha. Nice concept but I found the book a bit slow... the pace is the same till the end... but certain paras are really cool and will really help you at this juncture of your life.....

And hey, the Goa trip sounds too tempting.... will mail ya about it...

Unknown said...

Eleven minutes is a nice book.. although The Alchemist is in a totally different league. I haven't caught up with The Zahir, though.. I guess DV found it interesting too.

Enchanted Mind said...

@MoN,

Read your link.

@DV,
It wld rock to have a New Year Trip to Goa. mail me soon.

@chikuado,

Ok, that makes it all the more reason to exchange books ;-)

Monicaatje said...

Goa as in going to a Rave?
As in Goa Trance music?
Why do i even ask... :P sorry

Frustrating as it might seem I didn't notice the changes cuz I hadn't read the post... timeless person. But I read it now, looking for the change in it, cuz I forgot I hadn't read it... I NEED it to be december 31st :(