Friday, December 02, 2005

@ work

The meeting was at 11:30. It was supposed to be addressed to the new set of team that we have recruited and had not had a formal introduction yet. And I had ignored my Outlook remainder 15 mins back preparing for a presentation. It was 11:36 AM when I scolded myself. I like to be very punctual anytime as I hate making others wait. Because I hate to wait myself unless I can do that in a beach ;-)

I ran into the conference room when I heard my manager addressing the whole team,
"Ok, For the late comers, I start again. As I told you, we are starting on a new project which we are banking on for more revenues with a fierce competetition from other vendors who are proving to be more tough. And the person you see here walking in late is Bala, also called Balaji Saranathan who will spear head and give all of us direction in this project in the role of a Tech Architect."

Well, all I wanted to do was to go and hang myself !!!

My manager also a good friend of mine for sure is a nice person with a sense of humour. All I said was "Thanks a lot, for the honest introduction. Well, sorry guys, I had acutally lost my direction to reach here bcos from the mail, *I looked at my manager* I had no clue which wing of this building this conference room was. And our own techie problems too...I was working on this presentation, when the ever famous, or probably notorious Windows went hanging on me before I cld save the presentation and my Outlook cld not connect to our ever burdened mail-server. Techie life is quite difficult huh! "I exclaimed.

3 comments:

che sara sara said...

u r real witty...

@$#!$# said...

oh well...u saved ur skin on that occasion :-)

btw whats with the chaange in addr?i was abt to write a breview for mayavi.....

anyways, guessi'll have to postpone it for some time now.

Enchanted Mind said...

@Sophia
I never thght so ;-)

@Ashish

Well, change of times buddy...