Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Just Like Heaven

It was a cool day last evening. Been a long time since I had felt so happy being myself. Started off from the office at 4:00 and came home to slurp the left overs and couple of glasses of Orange-Apple Tango from Tropicana. Then slept for 30 mins before waking up and deciding to tidy up the house a little bit with "The Beatles" playing. Had a warm bath and off I went to my first guitar class. Its almost 884217600 secs since I cld have learnt music. Tx to my friend, who shook me up completely to make me realize what I wanted in my life. And Boy, wasnt it so thrilling. The moment, you place the guitar on your lap and encapsulate the 6 strings in between your thumbs and index finger, thats heaven. It was my first class and a novice that I'm in learning music (I did try to learn Flute but after 4 days I still hadnt learnt to make any noise even out of it and I gave up), I was awed when the tutor took my guitar and tuned it and played a country music for me. Then I learnt about the differences between steel string and classical (I had already done my homework on it early in the day ;-)) and the positions and details like Frets and chords. Then, the real class started with me getting to stroke the strings the musical way *grin* and then a few exercises. I guess I did fairly well. *clap clap*. Did some simple finger exercises getting a feel of the instrument. It was only for the right hand and after close to 20 mins of practice, I got a beginners exercise for the left hand. That leaves me with something to practice for the next 6 days and to get a Musical manuscript so that I can learn to read and write music. And I came home after picking up a couple of movies and was stopped by my neighbour,(translated to English from Hindi)

"Son, dont you reside alone?"
"Yes Aunty."
"Dont you feel bored?"
"hmm...no"
"Do you cook yourself or eat out?"
"I cook myself"
"Very good. You know to play guitar?"
"No, I've just started to learn".
"Very nice. Seems like you are setting up the house with TV and Cot"
"Yeah Aunty. Sometimes it gets boring."
"Are you planning to get married?"
I was stunned.
"No, why?" *thinking to myself where this all is leading to*
"You have set up the house, you have a bike, car, good job. I thought things are working out towards marriage".
I laughed out loud.
"aunty, Shouldnt a Bachelor have all this or what?"
"No no , beta, not like that. But what is preventing you from doing it?"
"Nothing. I didnt think it is necessary now. I'm happy this way."
"These days, young people are always like this. You will understand later."
I smiled and went in.

It had been nice feel to get engrossed in the strings and then come home. Looked around to see what I could make for dinner. And voila, the easiest dinner was ready in minutes.

Fried Beans and vegetables.
2 Fried Eggs.
A glass of Tropicana Guava Nectar
A glass of cool cool buttermilk.

Set up my food in front of the TV and watched "Just like Heaven".
Gosh , it was perfect - Just Like Heaven !!!

P.S
An add on yummy breakfast tip.

Get the Mango Nut crunch Flakes. In a bowl of Mango Nut Crunch, put in a couple or more of Almonds and a spoon or two of honey and a glass of milk. Man, thats an awesome quick breakfast which has become my regular these days, of course followed by a glass of juice and on reaching office, I pick a cup of Cappucino from CCD.

Just Like Heaven !!!

5 comments:

hari said...

Hey Man, I truly envy you. That is life at its very best and believe me it cannot get any better. I mean after marriage.

"The moment, you place the guitar on your lap and encapsulate the 6 strings in between your thumbs and index finger, thats heaven."

I can well experience it....its truly Heaven. Hmmmmm.

che sara sara said...

so finally u got ur gal lay on ur lap...
u tune her to ur tunes...
she will give u sweet melodies
and happiness sweet forever and ever...
u got her finally...

Enchanted Mind said...

Hari,

It can get better after marriage.
Wait to know why I changed to this template. Am writing a short post on a date that I ahve always dreamt of. tHe tempalte is a primer to that.

Sophie...
Yeppie...and Boy, dont I love it !!!

che sara sara said...

hey i know u love her
from the bottom of ur heart
ab imo pectore!!!

Monicaatje said...

that breakfast sounds yummy!!

PS: sorry, u won't get much more from me these days... this mind...
Lots of luv