Friday, January 13, 2006

Fun @ work

Its been celebration times at work here. Lots of cultural events happening.....and this afternoon @ work was Kite flying time .....Its just plain euphoria to see all those papers and sticks glued together flying high in the air with a single thread to hang onto. Not much different from our life, isnt it? ....Philosophy apart, reminds me of the time when we as school kids in the outskirts of chennai use to have so much of open spaces and one of the fav. past times was to fly kites high in the air. ITs so fun to hold onto that thin thread gleefully manovering the kite high in the air. And not to mention those competitions where you break the thread of the other guy's with a "DEAL" and the one with the best of the "Maanja" thread wins everyone.

Last evening we had lots of singing, dancing, fashion show et al..... Reminded me of times when I have done backstage work. Never do I generally get onto the stage. No, no.....dont have stage fear, far from that. I like being on stage any given opportunity. But just havent done it much, guess priorities were different then. With so much to complete @ work, I cld watch it only after 7:00 but it was a well conducted event. I missed the Violin performance and I hope to get onto stage (that I have always wanted to do) soon. Probably next year. A single solo guitar performance probably? or a dance? I do not know....yet.....but one thing that I have seen, I have been doing all the things I have wanted to do since the start of the year and hope I keep up the tempo. If I do keep it, I know I'll be learning swimming and take some pottery lessons this year. Terracotta has been one of my favourite medium.....The feel of the earth on your hand to shape into objects...I have never had a chance so far except for a small try at DakshinChitra, but would like to learn them sometime. But i guess there is plenty of time for it.

There are new goals that I have set for this year and most important one would be to increase my earning atleast by 50% than what I earned last year. And I havent still formulated a plan and what with tax times coming, there couldnt be a better time to plan things and ofcourse, 50% over last year would be a very high target to achieve, but with certain opportunities I seemed to be discussing with a few people, if I can make through them, I know I can please myself with more than 50% !!!*smiles* And i better do it, because I dont wanna sweat my ass all through my life. And I want to retire in another decade !!! And when I retire, one thing that I surely want to do is to write travelogues ;-) !!!! And if I can get involved in travel shows like that from Deepti Bhatnagar productions, or better Travel & Living, just perfect. Ms.Deepti, do you hear me? Or anyone who can give me such opportunities?

BTW, today is Rock Show, DJ nite. Programs start at 4:30 and the dance floor is all open from 7:00 !!!

1 comment:

DreamClicks said...

Very beautiful dream, i must say. Also, the way it has been written is impressive. Good one!