Thursday, April 27, 2006

Lucky stars !!!

One friend said,
Is there any time you have been responsible? Always doing things at the nick of the time, running here and there. You are just a lazy bum! Look at your sister. Has she ever had problems with the tickets? You travel randomly. You never plan out.

Responsible. Gimme a break. I know I'm responsible when it matters. Agreed am not as responsible when it comes to me. Yes, am a lazy bum a lot of times but I have always done things on my own. When you actually do that, you'll know what it feels like to be a lazy bum. Its heaven ! and yes, my sister is more organised than me. I travel randomly and I like it that way. But when it matters, I can make the best of the tour plans too. Trust me on that please.

The other said,
You just are always lucky. You keep losing things all the time but you always get it back. But, not for once you learn that you are hopelessly careless.

Ha, I really wish I was as lucky. There are things I have misplaced in life that I still havent a clue on earth why I had to lose it. But, have learnt my lessons.

Anyways, whats the need for me to talk about this. I learnt these lessons last night.

1. Never leave your phone in the recharge point, even if its your own corporate and right behind the security desk and even if you are going for just a 15 mins dinner.
2. Because they are security guards does not mean they are certified for integrity.


Someone had flicked off my mobile that I left in the recharge point when I went to the cafeteria for dinner. I came back to see it absent. Would have made atleast 25 calls to my mobile and got rejected. At one point, I was standing next to the security table and making my calls. Thats when a security who claimed he had gone for his dinner came and when I wanted to meet the Security Admin in charge for the night, he takes a mobile from his pocket, claiming an employee(whose id he didnt get) had given it to him 10 mins earlier. Hardly a few secs back, I had called him and the phone was cut. He said, he didnt even realise the phone was missing. And there was only one missed call on my mobile!

Now, I'm a considerate person. I dont like hurting others especially those in the lower levels. We were pushed hard at one point in our life and I know what it feels like. But, that instance when my mobile was lost, I realised how important it was bcos, there were contacts like the recent part time job offer I got from a Children Magazine creator and a dance teacher. In a moment, I could have lost all that. It was not the money, it was more than that.

But again, I didnt want to create a big issue. The administrators had come and I left the job to them, telling the entire incident never accusing anyone (however, the other security guard kinda gave it) and left it for them to investigate and update me.

2 comments:

Ms.V said...

Hola!

Didn't know you had been id-hopping. Anyways, just wanted to say hello. Did leave a comment on bim-bam the other day. Will check this new one out soon! tc!

..V :)

Shiv said...

Nice to know u got it back...Liked this post of urs..the way u have written it..Kudos..:)