Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A day out !!!

When you work hard and suddenly get a day off in the start of a week, like we had today? what do you do? Initially I had planned to drive down to Shiv Samudram falls if I couldnt catch up with my friend today. Alas, my friend was working :-( !!!

I woke up to a sunny day(read it as pathetically hot) at 9:30 AM.....The falls seemed to look like it was on the other side of the world...So much for my plans ! Having got a recent promotion at work - read it as last week, I was in some mood for indulging myself

- Coloring my hair Deep brownish Purple shade (its actually 3.20 in the L'oreal language) and spiking it up a little
- treating myself to Thai food platter for lunch and Dum Aloo for dinner
- buying a pair of denim. My denims are too old to be called worn out..They are almost torn actually.
- spent an hour at Crossword sipping Almond coffee and reading magazines
- did 2 of the exercises from the sketch practice book I'm working on
- and amazingly practised 1 hr stretch of guitar followed by another hour of class with new exercises
- and finally a self made cocktail followed by lengthy chat with my collegemates.

Now that summer is here, and that I have stopped drinking.....(well, nothing other than cocktail and wine,) I decided to make a cocktail .....I had quit alcohol in all forms late last year to keep up a promise to myself which I kept until late Febraury this year, when the wish was fulfilled. And after that I kinda went on a drinking spree and realised it wasnt quite nice of me to do that. So, am back to the days of healthy drinking ! Here it goes,

1 oz vodka
4 oz Rose Lychess juice
Ice cubes to crush

Mix the contents in a juicer and crush it with the ice !!! Serve it in a margarita glass !!!

And beat the heat with more cocktails from here . They have close to 8700 cocktails for you to make..you can spend the rest of your life happily drinking them !!!!

1 comment:

DreamClicks said...

Looks like a nice day u had!

And yea, stay away from drinking.... until my next vacation. This time another bar in b'lore!