Sunday, February 19, 2006

When you lose in the race...

How can a person exhibit two different characteristics totally antagonistic in two different places? It beats me sometimes. I got a feedback at work that I demonstrate a lot of self confidence and knowledge to crack down things.

Yet, of late, @ home, I have totally lost confidence in myself that I can handle things well. In any situation so far, if there was something that kept me going, it was my self confidence that I can turn things around and there would be happy days and I chose to be happy in what I did.


(Excerpt from Alice in Wonderland

`Would you tell me, please, which way I
ought to go from here?'

`That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,' said
the Cat.

`I don't much care where--' said Alice.

`Then it doesn't matter which way you go,' said the Cat.

`--so long as I get SOMEWHERE,' Alice added as an explanation.

`Oh, you're sure to do that,' said the Cat, `if you only walk
long enough.')



In the recent times, I find that confidence completely hitting the bottom. I'm scared I wld give up on life if this continues.

I guess its a phase like that of a sportsperson. Sometimes, you never understand why, but you just cant get the shot right. You see the ball, your brain orders you to take the right directions and the right moves, the body reacts and GOSH ! Its a miss. One failed shot, the next and you find yourself in a deeper trouble. Matches are lost consecutively. Theres only one thing you can do at these times. Re-discover that previous player who did things exactly the right way, who never let things bog him down and its just a matter of time! Giving up is never an option in life


`Come, there's no use in crying like that!' said Alice to herself, rather sharply; `I advise you to leave off this minute!' She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it), and sometimes she scolded herself so severely as to bring tears into her eyes; and once she remembered trying to box her own ears for having cheated herself in a game of croquet she was playing against herself, for this curious child was very fond of pretending to be two people. `But it's no use now,' thought poor Alice, `to pretend to be two people! Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make ONE respectable person!'

3 comments:

qahereya said...

What if you go any way and then you dont like what you find...Wouldnt it be too late to go back and choose a different road?

Enchanted Mind said...

@addicted2kairo

well, isnt it better than go somewhere and see if you like it or not than staying stagnant?

Yep, sometimes, its difficult to go back and choose a different road, agree on that!

Neutron said...

Aye, I have been there now and then and quitting is really NOT an option.

Nice webaddress 'enchanted mind'!