Thursday, February 23, 2006

The Wait...

He picked up the regular supply of groceries and walked out of the store towards his car. His heart skipped a beat at whom he saw. She was standing there, leaning on his car.
She came forward and hugged him and said "Hi". He kissed her on the cheeks and exclaimed
"What a pleasant surprise !"
"So, How are you doing? Are you fine?" he inquired.
"Yeah. Doing good. How are you doing?"
"Yep. as usual. "
"hmm...Saw your vehicle and thought I'll say a hello. I just stay around the corner here. "
"I'll walk you down". So saying, he threw the groceries box into the car and walked beside her.
They walked along the pavement in the beautiful fall evening covered by the colourful leaves which had bid their final good bye to their source of life.
"So, you found a boyfriend, huh?" His eyes were inquisitive.
"hmmm..."
"Is he rich?"
"You know its never about the money"
"because of staying alone aye?"
"No. I'm not scared of being alone. To me, scariest thing is to be with someone and feel alone" She looked into his eyes.
He sighed. He looked back into her eyes and said
"I know. I'm sorry if I had made you feel like that. I did not realise it. And I realised it after you left."
"You were always living in future ignoring the then present."
"I was living in a future of us and I was away only to make it come true."
"And I went through the hard times alone."
"I understand and I'm sorry."
"I'm sorry too. I was being hasty." she said.
They walked silently for sometime. Soon, they reached her door.
He looked at her and said
"Men do not know what they have until its dawn. I knew what I had but I never knew when it would all be gone. Over these few months, I realised that it was always you, ever and anywhere in my thoughts. I will always remember us. Whereever I go, whatever I do, you will always be with me. To me, nothing has changed. Remember, my doors will always be open for you. Have fun and take care."
"I will always want the best for you".
He kissed her on the cheeks and said "Good night" and walked down the road.
She looked at the man walking away from her and thought,
"I have always loved you. Will there be a time for us again?"
He turned back from the distance and shouted across the road
"Remember, babe, I'll always be waiting for you !".

1 comment:

Loveena Raj said...

For now all I say is - Its very nice reading - got some more to say but tomorow when my eyes are not giving me this terrible ache :-) Will comment again OK - got a few things to say ...