Sunday, March 12, 2006

When the road diverges...


Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;


I'm confused which one to take. One that is conventional and would be smooth but monotonous. The other - unknown, not much explored yet could be adventurous. Or may be not.

The heart and the mind plays a tug of war. The stronger mind wants to be adventurous and wants to take the risk. There aint any gain without pain. The pain of going away from people I treasure to a new world isnt new but the heart is not willing and triggers all kind of emotions frightening me more.

Years from now, would I be writing these lines or just wish I was more adventurous - I do not know !!

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference

2 comments:

compassioNAT said...

Interesting one phantom. In theory, people prefer to choose the one less travelled...but how many of us actually have the guts to go down that road?

I'm most afraid of always playing safe and ending up mediocre. I would like to think that when it comes to certain things, i'm willing to go down the more adventurous route and take my chances. My coming trip to Nepal feels like such a decision. I have my doubts about going there...but geez do i want to satisfy my wanderlust! I'm going!

DreamClicks said...

Having known you, I guess you shudn't be too worried about taking the road less travelled. If you dun have any commitments to hold you back at the moment, feel free to explore newer horizons. I'm quite impulsive sometimes, coz I never have a plan. But if you have a plan, then you might want to play it safe.

Good luck!