Friday, March 31, 2006

Bored like hell....

Am at work today. With all of my team away on a vacation ( I seriously wonder what I'm doing here)
Actually, I called up the Redhills Resort, Ooty that I have been wanting to visit for a long time and he said its all overbooked until next week when he can give me an accomodation. RedHills is a beautiful place 28 kms from Ooty and been classified as Ecologically fragile area. So, there are no developments and there are around seven lakes that you can trek upto. The only place to stay there is an age old British bungalow that has been transformed into a Resort and they offer wide variety of activities from Trekking to fishing to bon fires. Being a lonely traveller that I'm, the only thing that pinches me is that I would be actually spending the money for two people for my stay there. But, its better to travel alone and meet up people on your way than to travel with an irritating partner.

Am not in a mood to work, and therefore am completing all the formalities like submitting my Canadian Tax returns -Gosh, today is the last date for that and then filling up the feedback for my managers etc etc...Yeah, pretty much doing nothing and then decided to clean up everything, my desk, my wallet everything. I realised how these could make you completely nostalgic with the revelations of thousand small small things. For example, this two tickets of the public transport system in Chennai that I took.

Then there was this whole info on different tour plans we made and the calculations etc etc. Reminds me of those preparations, travel and the memories come back as a pleasant smile on my lips. Need to cut a CD and create a hardcover album. I like doing that. Though I'm into digital photography, holding the huge album, writing down the comments below and taking a look at those pics, thats an awesome feeling.

There was this purchase in landmark a very long time back. It was a receipt for the greeting cards and gifts we had purchased for our friend's birthday. And then my first ticket to Bangalore way back in 2003. That was a surprise to be holdingback something like that still. Memories gush past pre-May 2003and post-May2003 and there were times when I hated myself not able to spend time with my friends and family.

Its been almost three years now and I realise I havent actually much learnt about this city. I had visited all the famous places or rather tourist spots of the city as soon as I landed in Bangalore, I had even explored the night life around MG Road et al, but havent really gone exploring a different side of Bangalore yet. Yeah, thats because I never stayed here and unfortunate people that we are, we cant afford to do it on a weekeday when we work on the outskirts of the city. Gosh, I hate travelling so much to work.
Now that I spend a lot of time and infact got my bike, I will start doing it. After all, with my kind of work, I never know how long I would be in this city.

I cant drive home because my car is void of insurance for a long time now and I really am not in a mood to take the risk and drive. Nothing to do with my confidence to drive, but I hate an intuition that tells me not to take it this time. Should I probably fly down to chennai today or just go about exploring Bangalore the next two days when almost everyone I know in Bangalore is out of this place? Or probably pack my bag and visit some place around Bangalore? or just hike down somewhere or spend the weekend practising Guitar and learn to paint something new ?hmmm.....seems quite a number of options even if I dont go home! Our house is whitewashed after the rains and they want me to look at it and also some investment option on an apartment. Now thats an end to this boring post !!!

4 comments:

DreamClicks said...

So finally what did u do?

And yes, all these bits and pieces of chits and things can get u into high-voltage nostalgia! I love that feeling.

Shiv said...

U shud see my purse!! I have all those movie tickets tat I watched with those spl ppl..Got that toll ticket - my first outing with my team. The old chits at coll...Feels too Gud..So how did ur weekend go finally?? Remember you still owe me a call...

hari said...

Hi Bala,

I fully appreciate your boredom, but it is not fair that you pass it on to us in the form of a looonnng post.

And about "irritating partner", I never thought you had such a great opinion about us, who would have only been too glad to accompany you to the serene "Red Hills Resort" in Ooty.

Just joking Bala.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
will it be possible to provide the redhill resort number. My e-mail id is atanumondal@gmail.com

Thanks