Monday, November 13, 2006

A new Friendship !


I have been having his/her company for a long time now. I was indeed discussing about it with my friends who had dropped in at home yesterday. For my sake, lets call him a "He".
The first time I saw him was when he was nibbling at a left over biscuit in my kitchen. He belongs to the family of squirrels but I guess hes quite intelligent and found his way to my kitchen to get some easy food. And since then he has been a regular visitor. Since the day I met him, I have been leaving a biscuit for him everyday. However, the little bugger is too cautious when it comes to my presence. However friendly I try to be, he does not want intruders. Oh well, I wanted to tell him, he is the one who actually intruded my kitchen....However, everything is forgivable in a Friendship. Occasionally, he would come and take a peek at my bedroom, when I wld be working on my laptop or reading a book stretched on my bed. Last afternoon, in fact he had a heavy food I guess - my friend had made potato fry and he was nibbling at it more than once as we saw.

I woke up late this morning and went in to brew a cup of coffee. I was just sipping some coffee standing near the window when this new friend actually dropped in and went searching for something to eat. Guess he had become hungry early in the morning. I stood still not wanting to disturb him. I did not want to disappoint him. So, I moved to pick a couple of biscuit and he ran away and peeked from his entrance to my kitchen. I took out a biscuit and placed in the usual place and moved away a little. He gave a couple of nods and then came in and had it oblivious of me standing there. I did not want to miss the chance of making friendship and stood there until he left....It actually takes weeks and sometimes months to gain the trust and confidence of these lovely friends....I dont think humans are any different too !

7 comments:

Shiv said...

I am sure he gonna like u some day...He was and Is cute!! Nice post!!

che sara sara said...

seems something new n intresting is budding up

Keshi said...

awwwwww so sweet! Real trust and confidence takes time to build.

Keshi.

Anonymous said...

Very sweet! Well, all friendships need to be nurtured; this may prove to be your best friendship yet!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

I am a bit wary to have such friends...
especially of any specie which has a shorter life span...
I hate to loose them..and more often we end up watching them die...
Anyways..u have a great friendship with this guy..
-SB

Anonymous said...

Just said good-bye to a great friendship [ a human ofcourse]
yesterday....

sometimtes they may not need us as much as we do ...

But your frienship with a squirrel makes me respect your feelings...and that's a nice pic, btw.
Kudos
Cheers:)

[just an anon - was stuck here, remember?]

Enchanted Mind said...

@Shiv,

hes getting close.
@sophie
:-)
@Keshi
True
@Anon1
Wish so...
@SB
well, losing is the way of life....but happy are the times shared together.....
@Anon2
am sorry to hear that.....True....needs and feelings may not be reciprocated at the same time....
Thanks for the comment on the pic...had sketched it last year !