Sunday, February 04, 2007

On the way ...

Very often, I have ppl tell me that I must be crazy to drive so often to Chennai. Well, I AM crazy about driving, but more than that, I sometimes get very nice moments during the travel that I can treasure, like these!

Started a little late on Friday evening and the almost full moon just took my breath away. It was my guiding moon bathing me with moonlight all through the way. I stopped over at a nice point and watched the moon rise up and above until it was brilliant white. Boy, dont I love my Canon with a 12X Optical zoom. Wonder what add-on lenses can do to this piece !

I usually start very early in the morning from chennai on Mondays, and not so surprisingly, reach office much earlier than if I stay in Bangalore ;-). And these days, the vast fields covered with white layers of morning mist and a rising sun behind, blinding your eyes through the rear view, is an awesome company to drive. Well along with a coffee, its just about perfect.
We need Baristas and CCDs on NH 7. Couldnt resist stopping over, enjoying it and completing my packed breakfast @ sunrise. Pleasant start to the week !

P.S:
I shd be putting these pics on moi travel blog @ http://bim-bam.blogspot.com. I guess I have become lazy having two blogs ;-) ! However, hope to have lotsa updates coming in the travel blog in a months time when I wld be travelling a lot lot more !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can just feel the experience you must have had on ur drive back home. seems like you had a taste of "spiritual" bliss:-)

cheers
Romi

supernova said...

Beautiful, to say the very least!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Not been posting comments for some time, though I do read ur blog entries. But I couldn't resist this one...

Great shot...Nice travel...breath taking navigator..

It happens to be a dinner companion for my son at times
and used to be one for me, when a child, most of the times...:)

lovely post...

-SB