Monday, May 14, 2007

Flying High

Having visited most of the general tourist places in the Eastern Coast of Canada, I was quite wondering what would I do this time around. I decided to get the real feel of people, life and culture and live like a local. I also thought I would be able to get back to my sketches, hiking etc etc. Alas, work had kept me busy for a couple of weekend after the sun really warmed up( I need an AC now). Now that th weekends are to myself, we decided to do something that we hadnt done before. And we came across THIS. . I have seen the broadway plays in the movies and have been fascinated by the well dressed men and women (well, women especially in their beautiful gowns) and this was in my to-do list all the time. So, We decided to give it a try. Then, came the question of the dresscode. A black trouser, wrinkle free formal shirt, a black barduroy jacket and a black formal shoe - is all I wore. Ah, I know, - not a great dresscode but given the fact that we would be roaming around the streets of Toronto, it does not make a great sense to go in Tuxedo ;-) and I personally believe that would be funny....anyways, we were in for a treat as we got great seats and to my left was a beautiful looking lady in a classic black gown...(gosh I had to keep my eyes consciously AWAY from those legs ;-) ! and the fact that we were so close to smell each other's perfume was of any help! I bet she was wearing poison !

The real treat was the show. I have never seen a better presentation, the settings, the moving backrounds - well everything was perfect to the core. Thats exactly the reason theatre is my favourite medium. You get one bleadi chance to perform and you cant make any mistakes and perform they did, perfectly. The music was just magnificient - the theme has become one of my favourites. Though I cldnt get much of the lyrics - Gosh that was so damn tough to decipher :-) - overall it was one experience I wanted to have in my life and well, it was worth all of the 100 and odd $ we paid for it. I'm looking for one more show two weeks from now - a musical play and I dont expect to be disappointed.

On the other hand, the evenings have become busy again with the gym at the harbour club such a treat for workouts. The range of equipments is something that I never have experienced in any of the gyms I have worked out so far - so it just keeps me happy and amidst all those workout freaks, you are just in the mood for greater workouts....

Well, one more thing that is gonna come in line should be the FreeFall from 12000 ft above the earth. Check THIS . Now got to muster the courage and take a plunge.....and this time I hope so - Whats life for if not to live and experience.

3 comments:

Monicaatje said...

Hey!! I'm glad to know u weren't dissapointed by the Phantom ;)
Not really surprised the main theme has become one of ur faves tho :P

The skydiving is kinda scary, but I agree with u tho: Life's about ben open to new experiences.

So!! I finally know why I'm being pushed in second, third of fourth place... u'r going to the gym!! No time for me anymore :P
Oh well... I guess I'll have to put that extra time into improving my french ;)

Hugs!!
ttyl

Keshi said...

Good then :)

hows u?

Keshi.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have tried to post comments twice before , on different days and it didn't go through. Perfect scenario for a reluctant commenter..

I was infact a bit hesitant to comment on 'Alienated' and was glad to see you Flying high after being alienated!!

I hesitate to comment, especially when it is a troublesome period..

Glad you are getting into high spirits..

Njoy
-SB