Thursday, March 08, 2007

PEI

Prince Edward Islands or PEI as it is shortly called is one of the most scenic places on Earth or so I have read. I read abt it during my first visit in 2003. But staying around 1600 kms away from it, and not with much of drivers/ interested people around, I cldnt do it then. Then in 2005, I did not want to live it alone (blinded?, probably) and this time around, I really dont care. I would like to just do it. There is a long weekend coming in April and my gut feeling is that I wouldnt find much people to accompany me on this trip. I somehow dont get it when people do not want to travel to such exotic places. Majority of the collegues that I see is interested in man-made shopping malls and concrete jungles (well, I like to travel city too) and taking pictures of themselves there and nothing more. REminds me of this guy who trekked all the way to get a glimpse of "out-of-the-world" sunrise only to see the entire sunset thru his camera lens. Well, whats the point :-) !! Anyways, I think I shd probably plan it out and see if I can make it this time around...If I choose to drive, well, am sure its gonna be one hell of a tiring drive ! 18 hours is not a easy ride for heavens sake even for a driving maniac like me !

P.S:
Do read about the Island from the above link.

4 comments:

supernova said...

Alone or with company, I think you should go this time! I just had a look using the link you gave, and my, is it mindblowing or what!?!

Keshi said...

WOW what a place! go...goooooooooo!

Keshi.

Anonymous said...

Hi!



Haha....am laughing out loud reading this..

"Reminds me of this guy who trekked all the way to get a glimpse of "out-of-the-world" sunrise only to see the entire sunset thru his camera lens. "

Btw...i am really SURPRISED to find another one who loves teeth chattering cold weather...

ENJOY the God's palette as much as you can...right now am in a concrete jungle :(

Monicaatje said...

Okay, u'll probably think my comment bites but the only thing i can say is DO NOT DRIVE FOR 18 HOURS PLEASE!!

Okay, now I'm back to studying. it's the final countdown and i'm soooooooooooooooooo nervous/excited/scared/sleepy/anxious :D