Monday, June 19, 2006

Love and hate

"You are a blend of love and hate"
"I hate you more than anyone else"

- comments given to me by my best friends *sob sob* and quite often.

But intriguingly(Ah, isnt that adjective used at me too), I dont quite understand this contradictory nature of expression. Its very difficult for me to experience and relate to such twins of an emotion that are quite antagonistic in nature. I do not go through this twin kind of emotion. How can you when you really love a person and understand them? Or is it that the hatred is nothing but a different form of expressing one's own affection because you know that you can count on them to be honest and truthful to you which may be perceived as a source of weakness?

2 comments:

Keshi said...

u can love someone and at the same time hate that person...but it's not the kind of hatred a terrorist wud have lol! It's like a deep passionate love that makes u hate ur friend just cos u love em too much...get it? :) Cos its only if u love truly that u can hate someone for something silly.

Keshi.

che sara sara said...

someone close to my heart said

"i hate u for not hating me...."